- Develop a research question. Research questions should be able to be answered using a scientific method
- Do a literature review
- Develop a hypothesis. Should be theory based or data driven.
- Design the study
- Conduct the study
- Analyze the data
- Report the results
Includes five main parts/topics:
Often written last between 120 – 150 words. A structured abstract has more information and should be no less than 150 words.
- Phenomenon – the problem you are looking to solve
- Focus – the variables or factors you are interested in
- Theory – the theory/concept that can solve the problem
- Identify a Gap – What is the gap in research this study solves (the value of the research).
The research question helps in forming one sentence that can describe your research.
Research Question Template
|Reach Question (One Sentence):|